Speech & Language Assessment
Speech-language assessment is a process where we are assessing, describing, and interpreting an individual's communication ability requires
the integration of a variety of information gathered in the evaluation process.
- At Hearsaywell Speech and Hearing clinic, doing detailed Standard test and providing respective reports.
We are performing detail test of different disorders like DSL, Voice Disorders, Autism , Misarticulation, Stuttering,
Cleft lip and Palate, Aphasia, Dysarthria etc
- For Delayed Speech and language Development (DSL) using REELS (The Receptive-Expressive Emergent Language Test),
BROWN 3D LAT (3Dimention – Language Acquisition Test.
- For Misarticulation using PAT (Photo Articulation Test), Speech Intelligibilty Test.
- For Stuttering using SSI (Stuttering Severity Instrument) Test.
- For Autism using CARS (Childhood Autism Rating Scales), M-CHAT-R (Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, Revised) for autism.
- For Voice Disorders using GRBAS (grade, roughness, breathiness, asthenia, strain) scale, Voice Handicap Index (VHI) Voice Handicap Index and PRAAT Software is used for voice analysis.
- For Aphasia (stroke) using WAB (Western Aphasia Battery) Test. This is an instrument for assessing the language function of adults with
suspected neurological disorders as a result of a stroke, head injury, or dementia. It helps discern the presence, degree, and type of aphasia.
- For Dysarthria using FDA ( Frenchay Dysarthria Asessment ) Test – includes new powerful knowledge about motor speech disorders and their contribution
to neurological diagnosis. This updated edition remains a well-established test for the measurement, differential description, and diagnosis of dysarthria.
It can be used in international research, as well as all clinical settings.